Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Crowdtap - Post Great Grains Cereal Taste Test


I was really excited to be chosen for the Post Great Grains Cereal Taste Test from Crowdtap!! Most of my samples are for clothing and movies not food so I was anxious to receive my package. When I got my box I received two foil packets that each contained a serving of cereal. Each packet also contained a different number on it to distinguish between the two while doing the sample. Upon reading the ingredients on the two packets I could tell that this was going to be a banana flavored cereal because they contained dried bananas which I LOVE!!! One packet was different in that it contained almonds which are my favorite nut and I eat them everyday so I decided to try this packet first, it was # 208.  
Packet #208 with almonds!!
 
As soon as I opened the packet I could smell the sweet banana smell, it reminded me of my favorite banana oatmeal so I already knew I was going to love this sample. I tried a few dry pieces just to get a taste and feel for it and was very happy with my initial taste so I proceeded to add milk and the instructions instructed me to do and I really liked what I had.  It was crunchy with large flakes, there were a real sweetness to this cereal with a distinct banana flavor to it, there were nuts and clusters of granola and if you picked one of the clusters out you could see the individual pieces that it was made of which I liked because I knew what I was eating. The flakes had that healthy look to them but not that bland healthy taste you expect with a cereal that has this appearance. I would have loved to have seen just a few more granola clusters in it but to me the cereal was great and had a great combination of flavors!! I ate the entire bowl :)
 
So now it was time to try the second packet which was #967 which the only difference it had was the almonds weren't included in the ingredients.
 
As soon as I opened this packet I could tell it was missing that sweet banana smell that packet #208 had. I already wasn't as excited about trying this cereal: it was missing the almonds that I loved in the other sample and the smell wasn't really there. I tried a few dry pieces and right off the bat I could tell it wasn't as sweet and flavorful. I proceeded to add the milk and took a couple of bites and was disappointed. Packet #208 was so good and this one was really lacking for me. It was bland, reminded me of those healthy cereals that you hear people referring to as "cardboard". There were large pieces of walnuts that I was excited about when I saw them but upon eating them I got no nutty flavor. I also think this packet had way less granola clusters than #208 which was a disappointment.
 
Of the two packets I would absolutely have to go with #208. It was sweet, flavorful, crunchy..... #967 was lacking in all these areas.
 
I was sent a paper survey that I was to fill out while doing the taste test. Once I finished both samples I was to go to a given link and fill out the same survey online and submit it with the results. It was a very simple process and I enjoyed doing it.
This is the paper survey I was sent with a few notes I jotted down during the sample.
 
This is a screen shot showing that I did complete the online version of the survey.
 
I had some pics taken during my sample so I could share the experience with you:
I am getting ready to start the sample. I have my survey, a bowl of cereal and the packet it came in.

My first taste!!!

Filling out some of the questions

 Let's give it another taste :)

Deep in thought :)
 
I was really glad I got to participate in this sample. It was fun comparing the two cereals and hope to have made a difference for the brand with my input!!
 
After reading all the fun you could have been having with these sample and shares don't you want to register for a Crowdtap account?? Click here to sign up!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment